Here’s an amazing scholarship on offer to international students seeking to pursue their academic studies abroad. This is a great opportunity for you if you have been dreaming of studying in Australia on a scholarship. As Australia’s biggest annual fully funded scholarships applications have just been announced. Applications for the Australia Awards Scholarships 2022/23 are currently open to international students who wish to study in Australia.
The Australia Awards Scholarship is the official Australian Government Scholarships program that opens the doors for international students to study in Australia. The scholarship is aimed at students and professionals from developing nations across the globe. It offers financial support to pursue bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. degree programs in multiple Australian Universities. Read on to learn more about this scholarship program. Also, you can access the opportunity by checking if you are eligible and know the application date range for your country.
However, in this article, we will provide information in detail on everything you need to know about the Australian Awards Scholarships. From scholarship benefits to eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information on the scholarship program.
About the Australian Awards Scholarship Program
The scholarships are long-term awards by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and are available to students from developing countries to undertake full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities.
Australia Awards Scholarships, formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Moreover, the Australia Awards is the cornerstone of the Australian Government’s development assistance program for Africa. It provides access to postgraduate education, training, and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries. On their return to the workplace, Australia Awards Alumni are expected to contribute to the development of their home countries.
Furthermore, they aim to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop the skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to development in their own countries.
Moreover, here’s an overview of Australia Awards Scholarships:
Australian Government through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Any of the Participating Australian Institutions
Full funding scholarships
Bachelors/ Masters/ PhD Degrees
Field(s) of Study:
Undergraduate or Postgraduate Programmes that are related to your country’s priority areas for development are listed on the participating country profiles.
Australia Awards are not available for training in areas related to flying aircraft, nuclear technology, or military training.
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
Citizens of one of the participating developing countries in Asia, the Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. See the complete list of participating countries.
29 April 2022 (annual)
Furthermore, the Australia Awards Scholarships program will provide the scholarship recipients with the following inclusions:
Australia Awards Scholarships are available for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- full tuition fees
- return air travel–payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- establishment allowance–a once only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, textbooks, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)–a compulsory program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)–provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees–if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training
- supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which has a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
Eligibility Requirements for the Australian Awards Scholarships
However, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for the Australian scholarships. The requirements are as follows: The applicants must:
- be a minimum of 18 years of age on 1 February of the year of commencing the scholarship;
- be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship;
- applicants must not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia, or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently;
- not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection, or mobilization phases (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue, and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a Student visa [subclass 500]);
- not be current serving military personnel;
- applicants must not have previously received a long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia (for example, a previous awardee who has been on an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have resided outside Australia for eight years);
- not hold convictions of criminal activities (including in their home country) including those relating to Child Protection and PSEAH;
- recipients under the Pacific Secondary School Scholarship Program (PSSSP) who have completed their secondary school education in Australia in the year prior are eligible to apply for a long-term Australia Award;
- have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (e.g. having worked a certain number of years in an appropriate
- be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken (this may mean that Program Areas will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the institution’s admission requirements. This may not be known until Program Areas request a placement at selected institutions);
- be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa. This may mean that the Program Area will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the visa requirements;
- not be applying for a scholarship for a course of study at an academic level lower than already achieved (e.g. be applying for a Master’s scholarship when they already hold a Ph.D.); and
- applicants must inform the Program Area of any connection or relationship to staff employed at Program Areas (including locally engaged staff at post) or with managing contractors so that the
application may be properly and transparently managed.
Moreover, you can read the complete eligibility criteria in the Australia Awards Policy Handbook (PDF)
How to Apply for the Australia Awards Scholarships
Furthermore, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the scholarship program:
- Firstly, check the opening and closing dates for your country, and select your country of citizenship/residency from the list of participating countries for specific information on eligibility, priority areas, and how to apply.
- Secondly, applications can be done online or by mail (if unable to apply online).
- To apply online, you will have to go to the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS).
- STCW Online Cruise ship Course Follow our Mandatory Cruise Ship courses online and get your certificate today!
- Fully Funded Scholarships in Germany Without IELTS 2022
- Postgraduate Courses At Wits – How To Apply Online Now
It is important to read the how to apply page and visit the country-specific pages, and the official website for more detailed and updated information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Moreover, some countries encourage and allow you to apply online while others require hard-copy applications. See your participating country profile for opening and closing dates and more information.
USA Scholarship Programs For International Students 2023-2024
International students may qualify for a variety of scholarships, grants, and fellowships to study in the U.S. or another country. To find out how you can support your education while living abroad, check out the different scholarship programs available to international students. International students have many opportunities to study in the U.S. and around the world. It’s important to know where these opportunities are, as they can change every semester and year.
This guide explains the most common funding sources specific to international students so that you know exactly what you’re getting into when applying for a scholarship or other financial aid. (more…)
Nitro’s $2K Scholarship Application Deadline is Approaching – Don’t Miss Your Chance!
First of all, let’s get the most important information out of the way first – the application deadline for Nitro’s $2K Scholarship Approaching – Don’t Miss Your Chance! is approaching on November 2nd, so don’t waste any time and apply as soon as possible! You can find all the details here. You can also download our app from Google Play or from iTunes to follow us and keep up with our news on your mobile device! (more…)
How to Apply for the University of Canada International Scholarships 2022 in Canada
University of Canada International Scholarships is a public university located in Ottawa, Ontario. It offers various degrees and programs across a variety of fields, including education, healthcare, marketing, law, business administration and political science. The U of C also has a strong international program with students from around the world able to study at its campus in Their Ville, France. Citizens of over 180 countries can apply for scholarships from the University of Canada’s International Scholarships program. (more…)
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏1 month ago
American Visa Sponsorship Program – Where | When | How to Apply | Study, Work & Live in USA
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏1 year ago
Official Sponsorship Approval – 100% Award Winning On Citizenship | Employment | Scholarship
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏1 year ago
USA Employment Visa Sponsorship Program To Work and Live Abroad
Entrepreneur11 months ago
Hotel Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in Canada – Apply Now!
Study Abroad1 year ago
Canada Government scholarships for international and African students 2022/2023
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏11 months ago
American Immigrant Visa Sponsorship – How To Apply For Study And Work Abroad
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏1 year ago
Canada VISA Sponsorship Application Form For 2022 Is Out – To Study, Work and Live Abroad
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏2 years ago
USA, Canada, Australia Student VISA Lottery Application