UK Permitted Paid Engagement Visa | Application Ongoing Now...
Connect with us

Abroad Visa

UK Permitted Paid Engagement Visa | Application Ongoing Now



The UK has recently opened up the possibility of obtaining a paid engagement visa, which allows citizens from countries outside the EU to work in the UK for up to one year. Are you considering taking advantage of this great opportunity? Learn what you need to know about this visa and how it can benefit you in this article!

UK Permitted Paid Engagement Visa

Have you ever wanted to visit the United Kingdom for business or pleasure? The UK government has recently announced a new visa category – the UK Permitted Paid Engagement Visa – which allows foreign nationals to enter the country and work in certain capacities. Find out what this new visa entails and how it can help you if you plan on traveling to the UK in the near future!

What are the Eligibility Requirements for Obtaining a Permitted Paid Work Visa in the UK?

If you are at least 18 years old and plan to work in the country for a period of up to one month, you may be eligible for this visa. You are not allowed to have a past that would make you ineligible for a visa to the UK. You must have the intention to leave the United Kingdom at the conclusion of your visa’s validity period.

READ ALSO: Apostille Stamp for Visa Application

Despite this, you will be required to have enough money to pay for your accommodation and living costs, as well as the transportation to leave from, without relying on any UK public fund or public services. This includes having enough money to pay for the transportation to leave from.

What Can I Do If I Have a Visa That Allows Me to Work in the UK for a Permitted Paid Engagement?

There are a variety of job opportunities that could qualify you for this visa, including the following examples:

1. Highly-qualified academic student examiner

In order to effectively evaluate a student’s level of expertise in a specific field of study, you need to have extensive knowledge and experience in that field and its associated academic discipline. You are required to carry out this duty as a member of a selection committee or a quality control team. It is required that the organization in the UK on whose behalf you will be administering this examination be one that is either an academic or research institution.

2. Guest lecturer

In order to qualify as an academic institution in the UK, the establishment in which you will be giving your lectures must be officially acknowledged in that country.

3. Designated pilot examiner of the UK pilots

You are required to quiz aspiring pilots on the piloting standards that are in place in the UK. You are required to do this on behalf of a training organization in the United Kingdom that has been approved by the United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority.

4. Expert lawyer

You’ll need to provide legal representation for a private client in court, arbitration, tribunal hearings, or any other form of dispute resolution.

5. Job in the creative industry

A job that requires you to use your skills as a professional artist, entertainer, musician, fashion model, or sportsperson in some capacity. Your performances need to be carried out in the United Kingdom on behalf of a creative organization, a sporting organization, or a medium.

What are the Jobs I Cannot get With a Permitted Paid Engagement visa?

You cannot get a UK Permitted Paid Engagement visa to engage in any of the following activities:

  • Self-employment jobs.
  • Internship related to studies.
  • Internships of other kinds.
  • Direct selling.

The application process for a Permitted Paid Engagement visa is similar to applying for all UK visa types. You have to make an online visa appointment for a UK Permitted Paid Engagement visa, at least 3 weeks before applying, to cost about £93.

As a part of this visa application, you have to provide your biometric information, such as fingerprints and photographs. This process is carried at the visa application centre.

Putting together the document file

In addition to the documents that are typically required for an application for a visa to the UK, the following must be included in an application for a Permitted Paid Engagement visa to the UK:

  • Invitation in writing from the organization that will be hosting in the UK. The organization that extends the invitation must be one that is well-known in the United Kingdom in the fields of academia, the arts, sports, research, or aviation.
  • Evidence that your prior professional experience is relevant to the field in which you intend to work in the UK. (If you are currently working).
  • A letter from your current employer in your home country confirming your employment. It needs to verify the kind of work that you are doing right now, and that work needs to be comparable to the kind of work that you are hoping to get after your expert guest visit.
  • Evidence of one’s professional standing.

For employment as a visiting lecturer or as an examiner from another country in the UK:

  • Publications that demonstrate your level of expertise in a particular field.
  • Documentation demonstrating previous engagements as a lecturer in the relevant field.
  • a letter from your current employer in your home country confirming your employment.

To find employment as a creative professional in the UK, please visit:

  • Posters and other advertising leaflets of a similar nature for the concerts, performances, speeches, and exhibitions for which you were scheduled in the past.
  • Evidence that one has been selected as the recipient of a prize or award (If appropriate).
  • Articles or critiques of your work published by other publications or websites.
  • Provide examples of works or performances that are comparable to those that you will be doing in the UK.

When applying for a UK Permitted Paid Engagement Visa, how long does the processing time typically take?

The application for a UK Permitted Paid Engagement Visa can take up to three weeks to process. You will be required to pay either £212 or £956 to have a decision regarding your visa provided to you in either 5 or 1 working day, respectively.

I’d like to work legally in the UK, but I’m not sure if I can extend my visa or switch to a different one.

With a Permitted Paid Engagement Visa, the maximum amount of time you are allowed to remain in the UK is one month. In the same vein, you will not be permitted to switch to a different category of UK visa. Your family members will not be able to travel with you on this visa, nor will they be able to join you in the United Kingdom once you have arrived.

During my time on the Permitted Paid Engagement Visa, am I permitted to change jobs?

You are only permitted to work in a position at the company or individual client for which you applied for and were granted a PPE visa in the United Kingdom. When attending a business meeting that is directly related to the work that you do in your home country, you are not subject to this restriction. This activity must not prevent you from meeting the commitments you have made toward the work that was the basis for the issuance of the visa.

READ ALSO: Canada Visa Requirements

With a UK PPE Visa, am I able to enter into a civil partnership or get married?

No. While you are in the UK on this visa, you are not permitted to get married, enter into a civil partnership, or announce that you are getting married or entering into a civil partnership. Instead of doing that, you should submit an application for a spouse visa to the United Kingdom.

With a Permitted Paid Engagement visa, am I able to continue my education in the UK?

You are permitted to enroll in an educational program in the United Kingdom provided that it does not exceed 30 calendar days in length. This is significant so long as your dedication to your studies does not interfere with your ability to perform the skilled labor that earned you the visa in the first place. Instead of applying for a tourist visa, you will need to apply for a student visa if you want to study in the United Kingdom for a longer period of time.


Therefore, the UK Permitted Paid Engagement Visa is an excellent way for international visitors to come and work in the UK. It can be a great opportunity for those who want to gain experience, explore a new culture, or just take up paid engagements within the country. Those wishing to apply will need to meet certain requirements such as sufficient financial funds and documents proving their identity. If you think this type of visa might be right for you, it’s worth learning more about all of its requirements before applying so that you have the best chance of success.

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Ensa Nyang

    January 20, 2023 at 6:25 pm

    Hello my name is Ensa nyang from the Gambia am searching for help a student from lamin kombo Kerewan SSS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Abroad Visa

A Visit to Italy: Top 5 Ancient Places to Visit in Italy




A Visit to Italy: Italy, a country steeped in history and culture, is a treasure trove of ancient wonders waiting to be explored. (more…)

Continue Reading

Abroad Visa

A Visit to The UK: Top 5 Ancient Places to Visit The UK




A Visit to The UK: Embarking on a journey through the United Kingdom is like stepping into a time capsule where history, heritage, and ancient charm converge. (more…)

Continue Reading

Abroad Visa

A Visit to Finland: Top 5 Ancient Places to Explore




A Visit to Finland: Finland, a country known for its stunning landscapes and vibrant cities, is also rich in ancient history. (more…)

Continue Reading