If you are looking to gain exposure to some of the top minds in your field and have the flexibility to pursue any topic you choose, a Princeton Society Postdoctoral Fellowship might be the ideal opportunity for you. The Princeton Society offers fellowships to highly qualified candidates from around the world to conduct independent research at any of our 300+ member universities around the globe in 2022. With only 150 awards available, be sure to check out all that each fellowship has to offer and start preparing your application today! …
Princeton Society Postdoctoral Fellowships in the USA are fully funded in 2022, aiming to support globally outstanding young researchers who want to establish their careers in the USA following postdoctoral research training elsewhere in the world. The Fellowship has been established by The Princeton Society, a nonprofit organization that has awarded more than $80 million in fellowships and grants since 1989, including six Nobel Prize winners, 10 National Medal of Science recipients, three MacArthur Fellows, over 100 National Academy of Sciences members and 69 Members of the Institute of Medicine, as well as winners of the National Book Award, National Book Critics Circle Award and Pulitzer Prize awards.
Princeton Society Postdoctoral Fellowships in the USA – Fully Funded in 2022 are offered to outstanding researchers and scholars who have recently completed their Ph.D., MSc, or equivalent degree and have demonstrated excellence in research and teaching. The program aims to advance international research at Princeton University through fellows with distinguished qualifications and experience in their fields, seeking to encourage scholarship, collaboration, and knowledge exchange among the fellows, students, faculty, and staff of Princeton University, which is located in Princeton, New Jersey.
About Princeton Society
Princeton, New Jersey offers a quiet setting within a short distance of New York City. It is home to Princeton University and its renowned Ivy League schools, as well as several international corporations, non-profit organizations, and government agencies. Like most urban areas, Princeton has an extensive public transportation system but also offers many hiking trails. The city also has several theaters, museums, and galleries that help to round out cultural opportunities that are available year-round. Princeton’s climate is humid continental with warm summers and cold winters.
The Life of a Postdoctoral
In order to be competitive, you need a well-crafted CV that makes you stand out. If your advisor is savvy, he or she will share tips with you about what to include and what not to include. You should also familiarize yourself with common databases like PubMed, which catalogs biomedical literature. This can help you know what is important to look for when scanning citations (e.g., levels of evidence). It may seem daunting now, but as you write postdoc applications and get feedback from your peers (the more eyes on it, the better), writing a postdoc CV will become routine until it’s second nature.
Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023-26 by Princeton Society of Fellows accepts applications. Postdoctoral fellows are appointed in the Council of the Humanities and academic departments to conduct research, attend weekly seminars, & teach half-time as lecturers for a three-year term. Fellows teach one course each semester for the first two years and only one course in either semester for the third year. During the academic year, fellows must live in or near Princeton.
- Organized by: Princeton University
- Application Deadline: August 2, 2022
- Fellowship Duration: 3 years (2023 to 2026)
5 fellowships are to be awarded:
- 2 or 3 Open Fellowships in any discipline represented in the Society
- 1 Fellowship in Humanistic Studies
- 1 Fellowship in East Asian Studies
- 1 Fellowship in Race and Ethnicity Studies
Five fellowships are to be awarded:
- Two or three Open Fellowships in any discipline represented in the Society
- One Fellowship in Humanistic Studies
- One Fellowship in East Asian Studies
- One Fellowship in Race and Ethnicity Studies
- Fellows receive a competitive salary and benefits, a $5,000 research account, access to university grants, a shared office, a desktop computer, and other resources.
- Fellows are expect to reside in or near Princeton during the academic year in order to attend weekly seminars and participate fully in the intellectual life of the Society.
- Three to five postdoctoral fellows are appointed each year for three-year terms in residence to pursue research and teach half-time in their academic host department, the Program in Humanistic Studies, or other university programs.
- Applicants already holding the Ph.D. degree at the time of their application must have received their degree between January 1, 2021, and August 2, 2022.
- Applicants not yet holding the Ph.D. must have completed a substantial portion of the dissertation – at least half – at the time of application.
- Successful candidates must fulfill all requirements for the Ph.D., including the filing of the dissertation, by June 15, 2023.
- Candidates for or recipients of doctoral degrees in Education, Jurisprudence, and from Princeton University are not eligible.
- Applicants may apply only once to the Princeton Society of Fellows.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Dissertation Abstract
- Writing sample
- Research Proposal
- 2 Course Proposals
- Progress to Degree Letter or Evidence of Completed Ph.D.
How to Apply
To participate in the 2023-26 fellowship competition, applicants will need to submit the documents listed below, along with the online application form, to the application portal by the application deadline of August 2, 2022 (11:59 p.m. EDT).
1. Cover Letter: 1½ pages maximum, single-spaced, addressed to the search committee. The letter should include a brief overview of your application.
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Dissertation Abstract: no more than one page, single-spaced.
4. Writing Sample: one chapter of the dissertation or one published/forthcoming article related to your dissertation topic that best represents your intellectual interests. No more than 25 double-spaced pages (endnotes/bibliography/illustrations may be included in addition). If the text portion of the sample you wish to submit is longer than 25 pages. Please edit for length and summarize the deleted portions.
5. Research Project for the Fellowship Term: two to three double-spaced pages; no bibliography necessary. We expect this research statement will usually take the form of a proposal for revising the dissertation in preparation for publication. However, if you have given serious thought to a second research project beyond the dissertation. And/or already prepared the dissertation for publication. You may devote some or most of the three pages to this new project.
For More Information:
The Princeton Society would like to offer two fully-funded Princeton postdoctoral fellowships. The aim of these fellowships is to provide outstanding young physicists. With an opportunity to pursue independent research under excellent conditions at a major American University.
Each fellowship will be award(ed) for a three-year period, starting from September 1, 2022. Or January 1, 2023, and ending on August 31, 2025, or December 31, 2025, respectively. The applicant must not have received any other type of post-doctoral fellowship in accordance with his/her field of research.
Best Institution in Spain: Top 5 Best Institution to Study in Spain
Best Institution in Spain: When it comes to pursuing higher education, Spain stands out as a vibrant and culturally rich destination. With a plethora of institutions offering diverse academic programs, choosing the right university becomes a crucial decision. (more…)
Best Institution in France: Top 5 Best Institution to Study in France
Best Institution in France: When it comes to pursuing higher education, France stands out as a beacon of academic excellence. With a rich history, diverse culture, and world-class institutions, France has become a top destination for students seeking quality education. (more…)
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏11 months ago
American Visa Sponsorship Program – Where | When | How to Apply | Study, Work & Live in USA
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏11 months ago
Official Sponsorship Approval – 100% Award Winning On Citizenship | Employment | Scholarship
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏10 months ago
USA Employment Visa Sponsorship Program To Work and Live Abroad
Entrepreneur2 years ago
Hotel Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in Canada – Apply Now!
Study Abroad9 months ago
Canada Government scholarships for international and African students 2023/2024
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏7 months ago
American Immigrant Visa Sponsorship – How To Apply For Study And Work Abroad
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏9 months ago
Canada VISA Sponsorship Application Form For 2023 Is Out – To Study, Work and Live Abroad
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏9 months ago
USA, Canada, Australia Student VISA Lottery Application