Although compliance with rules and regulations is of the utmost significance, it is also of the utmost significance to safeguard patient information, which is on par with the provision of medical care.
A compliance officer in the healthcare industry is the individual who is responsible for ensuring that the record-keeping methods, billing procedures, and any other source of sensitive patient information is kept confidential. This obligation applies to the use of electronic records and equipment, as well as to the process of transferring records.
A breach of personal data or a failure to comply with rules and regulations could cost a healthcare organization millions of dollars and expose it to unnecessary legal exposure. Both of these issues could result in the loss of patient confidentiality.
Healthcare Compliance Officer
KPI:Health is a growing clinical service provider to the NHS and Private sectors. A focus on data, medical delivery and clinical team building has enabled KPI:Health to grow from a start-up to a 20+ person company.
Our compliance team needs to grow in order to support our contract growth and we are now seeking one, maybe 2 Compliance officers to keep ahead of market standards.
With a business forecasted to double in 2023/24 – there is huge potential for career development in the long term.
With exposure to 3 current frameworks, our compliance function is led by an “audit-ready” philosophy.
KPI:Health continues to evolve, and our culture is team orientated, always moving and led by outcomes. Our Interim compliance manager will assist us via:
- Working with in-house compliance leadership to ensure market standards are delivered.
- Liaise with client and candidate development teams to understand compliance needs in the short and mid-term.
- Building candidate compliance files status directly with newly onboarded candidates.
- Delivery of life support course, liaising with suppliers to deliver pathology packs and ID verifications.
- Maintaining rolling lists.
- KPI: Health is already building new divisions, our future is based upon an ideology of solution design on a global scale. At 22 months old, we’re just getting started.
- Your induction will be designed during the interview, alongside a clear presentation on career development and the opportunity for salary/ bonus increases. Our aim is to find long-term colleagues who want to achieve alongside the company.
- Our organisation already encompasses 4 healthcare-based sectors – with each unit both growing and requiring a compliance presence.
KPI: Health is looking for an individual who can step into a position that is both vital to our delivery but also very visible company-wide. On this basis, it is essential that we engage specialists already working within a healthcare compliance role.
The interview process will be structured into 3 parts (video meet, team workflow session and final 1-2-1 with Company Directors) and will focus on the following:
- A background in delivering compliance candidate files to either Locum, Insource or Outsource framework specification
- Achievements, how you delivered results against deadlines while maintaining standards
- System use, aptitude for learning new programmes
- Vendor management – pathology, DBS, mandatory training
- Team interaction – we’re building a collaborative “project style” approach to objective building.
What qualifications do you need to be a Compliance Officer?
In most cases, a bachelor’s degree is the bare minimum level of education that is required to work as a compliance officer. There is no one degree that covers all aspects of compliance officer work. In most instances, individuals who are interested in pursuing a career as a compliance officer will receive a bachelor’s degree in either the field of criminal justice, finance, or business.
What Are the Requirements to Become a Healthcare Compliance Officer?
The requirements for how to become a healthcare compliance officer include a combination of education, the right certifications, and experience. It’s not typically an entry-level position.
Let’s start with the educational requirements. Most healthcare compliance officers have at least a bachelor’s degree. It’s also coming to see healthcare compliance officers that have an advanced degree such as a JD or MBA.
Healthcare compliance officers commonly have one or more certifications such as the following:
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC)
- Certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC)
- Certified in Healthcare Research Compliance (CHRC)
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance – Fellowship (CHC-F)
- Certified Professional Compliance Officer (CPCO™)
The certifications require an exam and retesting every two years to maintain the certification. Certification standards ensure that healthcare compliance officers are able to develop, manage, and direct the duties and responsibilities of a compliance department.
Healthcare organizations that participate in federal healthcare programs are required to have compliance programs as a part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
In general, it’s important for healthcare compliance officers to have certain skills and conduct themselves professionally at all times. They need to be analytical and detail-oriented. Also, they should be good researchers, strategists, and decision-makers. Healthcare compliance officers are often called upon to give informative and engaging presentations about healthcare compliance matters.
What are the three attributes of a Compliance Officer?
In addition to having strong intelligence and analytical skills, a compliance officer needs to have a good moral character and the ability to communicate effectively with people who have a wide range of personalities. A capable individual can fill the function of compliance officer with self-assurance and provide assistance to an organization in meeting the obstacles that cannot be avoided.
Solve problems vs simply raising them?
Care? Our patients, our customers, our colleagues and our future do things deliberately? A mindful focus on why we do things and why we do them well.
- Salary and Benefits: A salary to £37k
- KPI:Health will offer: 20 days annual leave – increasing annually
Access to a monthly bonus worth up to £5k p.a based upon goals set during interview.
This role is immediately available and we aim to start interviews within the next 14 days. For further details, find us via www.kpi-health.co.uk or via email: [email protected]
Insurance Companies in Canada: Unveiling the Best Insurance Companies
In the ever-changing landscape of life, uncertainties are the only constants. That’s where insurance comes in as a beacon of financial security. Canada, known for its diverse landscapes, friendly people, and strong economy, also boasts a robust insurance sector. (more…)
Insurance Company in the USA: Unveiling the Best Insurance Company in the USA
Insurance Company in the USA: In a nation where uncertainties are as abundant as opportunities, finding the right insurance partner is crucial. The USA boasts a plethora of insurance companies, each vying for your attention with promises of comprehensive coverage and unbeatable rates. (more…)
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏10 months ago
American Visa Sponsorship Program – Where | When | How to Apply | Study, Work & Live in USA
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏11 months ago
Official Sponsorship Approval – 100% Award Winning On Citizenship | Employment | Scholarship
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏9 months ago
USA Employment Visa Sponsorship Program To Work and Live Abroad
Entrepreneur2 years ago
Hotel Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in Canada – Apply Now!
Study Abroad9 months ago
Canada Government scholarships for international and African students 2023/2024
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏6 months ago
American Immigrant Visa Sponsorship – How To Apply For Study And Work Abroad
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏9 months ago
Canada VISA Sponsorship Application Form For 2023 Is Out – To Study, Work and Live Abroad
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏9 months ago
USA, Canada, Australia Student VISA Lottery Application