Generation Google Scholarship/ What international students need to know
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services. And products, which include online advertising technologies. A search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. It is consider(ed) one of the Big Five companies in the American information technology industry, along with Amazon, Apple, Meta, and Microsoft.
Google was establish on September 4, 1998, by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University in California. Together they own about 14% of its publicly-listed shares and control 56% of the stockholder voting power through super-voting stock. The company went public via an initial public offering (IPO) in 2004.
In 2015, Google was reorganize as a wholly-own subsidiary of Alphabet Inc.. Google is Alphabet’s largest subsidiary and is a holding company for Alphabet’s Internet properties and interests. Sundar Pichai was appoint CEO of Google on October 24, 2015, replacing Larry Page, who became the CEO of Alphabet. On December 3, 2019, Pichai also became the CEO of Alphabet.
Generation Google Scholarship Overview
The Generation Google Scholarship was established to help aspiring students pursuing computer science degrees excel in technology and become leaders in the field. Selected students will receive $10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or $5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2022-2023 school year. The Generation Google Scholarship will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, demonstrated leadership, and academic performance.
The program is open to students who meet all the minimum qualifications and we strongly encourage students that identify with groups historically excluded from the technology industry, including Women, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, American Indian, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, to apply. Applicants are not require’s to currently be enrol in an Associate, Bachelor, Master. Or Ph.D. program for the 2022 academic year to apply.
Recipients of one of the following Google Scholarships: Generation Google Scholarship, Generation Google Scholarship: for women in gaming, Generation Google Scholarship: for supply chain and fulfillment, Google Lime Scholarship, Google Student Veterans of America Scholarship, Women Techmakers Scholarship for Computer Science, and Women Techmakers Scholarship for Gaming are not eligible to reapply.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited university or college in the United States or Canada for the 2022-2023 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Demonstrate financial need
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Family and household information
- Academic transcripts from your current (if you are currently enrolled) and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- Responses to three short answer essay questions
- Recipients will be select base on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compare to the entire applicant pool or respective academic peers (e.g. high school students compare to other high school students).
The three short answer essay questions below are intend to assess your demonstrate leadership, commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and financial need. Each response to the three questions below should be 500 words or less.
1) Please give us one example of how you have exhibited leadership. Explain what you were trying to achieve, your role, how you influenced others, and the impact as a result of your actions. Think broadly and examine the many ways you are having an effect on the members of the different communities you are a part of. Keep in mind, the example you choose does not need to be a formal or traditional leadership role.
2) What is a significant challenge that impacts historically excluded groups in the field of technology and what do you believe is the root cause of this challenge? What actions have you taken to address this challenge? Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales. Please focus at least half of your response on the actions you have taken.
3) Describe any financial circumstances affecting your need for a scholarship. In your answer be sure to describe any obstacles you have overcome to get to where you are today. What goals will this scholarship enable you to accomplish?
IMPORTANT: Before starting the application, please have the following ready for upload:
- A PDF copy of your resume (if applicable, please include leadership positions, extracurricular activities, and diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts on your resume)
- PDF copy of your current or most recent transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- A PDF copy of your three short-answer responses
- Application deadline: Friday, May 10, 2022, at 11:59 PM PT
Terms and conditions
The Generation Google Scholarship award must be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies. And equipment require for the student’s classes at their primary university. Scholarship recipients must be enrol as full-time students for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Enrollment will be verify before the winners are select(ed), and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be use towards tuition and education-relate expenses. Students under the age of 18 at the time of acceptance must have a parent or guardian sign these scholarship award terms & conditions.
We will withhold the award for any scholar who no longer meets the eligibility requirements and revoke the award for any scholar who does not maintain the eligibility requirements. Selected recipients will receive instructions from Google on how to receive the award. Failure to complete these steps by the specified deadline will disqualify recipients from receiving the award.
Recipients may defer their award for up to one
(1) year from the time of originally planned payment on a case by case basis as determined by Google. Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships. Persons who are residents of embargoed countries
(2) ordinarily resident in embargoed countries, or
(3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs may not apply for this scholarship.
We’re happy to address any questions directly related to the Generation Google Scholarship, but are unable to respond to other inquiries. We will not respond to spam, barraging messages, or messages that are primarily inflammatory or exploitative in nature.
However, if there is anything you think we are missing. Don’t hesitate to inform us by dropping your advice in the comment section.
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below!
Read More: You can find more here https://www.poptalkz.com/.
Hope this was helpful? Yes or No
Global Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarships at Edinburgh University
Global Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarships are payments awarded to students. Based on outstanding academic achievements. Or because they have met all requirements set out by the scholarship sponsor. Therefore, they are 2 main types of scholarships that you can apply for: Full scholarship: A payment that covers all of your tuition and textbook fees. (more…)
Start Your Degree in Canada Without IELTS For International Student
Start Your Degree in Canada: The scholarship is financial aid provided to a student on a certain basis, usually primarily academic merit. They can be based on several eligibility criteria such as needs, country or region of origin, gender, the field of study, race, etc. Scholarship money does not have to be paid back as it is not a loan. (more…)
4000 Fulbright Scholarship in USA | Fully Funded For International to Study in USA
4000 Fulbright Scholarship in USA: The scholarship is financial aid provided to a student on a certain basis, usually primarily academic merit. They can be based on several eligibility criteria such as needs, country or region of origin, gender, the field of study, race, etc. Scholarship money does not have to be paid back as it is not a loan. (more…)
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏2 months ago
American Visa Sponsorship Program – Where | When | How to Apply | Study, Work & Live in USA
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏3 months ago
Official Sponsorship Approval – 100% Award Winning On Citizenship | Employment | Scholarship
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏1 month ago
USA Employment Visa Sponsorship Program To Work and Live Abroad
Entrepreneur1 year ago
Hotel Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in Canada – Apply Now!
Study Abroad3 weeks ago
Canada Government scholarships for international and African students 2023/2024
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏3 weeks ago
American Immigrant Visa Sponsorship – How To Apply For Study And Work Abroad
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏1 month ago
Canada VISA Sponsorship Application Form For 2023 Is Out – To Study, Work and Live Abroad
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏1 month ago
USA, Canada, Australia Student VISA Lottery Application