The 2023 Postgraduate Scholarship In The Field Of Fine Arts, Design, Visual Communication, And Film (ADVAY) is a postgraduate scholarship that was unveiled on the occasion of the 70th Republic Day Celebrations on 26 January 2019. The scholarship was inaugurated by Mrs. Indira Jaisingh, Principal, ADVAY Post Graduate School of Art and Design, Bangalore, on the same day.
It is a four-year scholarship for an Indian or international student pursuing a course of study in the field of fine arts, design, visual communication, and film (DVC).To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:-
- applicants must be Indian or international candidates pursuing a course of study in the field of fine arts, design, visual communication, and film (DVC).
- applicants must have secured a minimum GPA of 3.0 in their previous degree courses OR 2.5 in DVC and 4.0 in other relevant studies in the last five years
- applicants must be rupees two thousand five hundred and twenty-three (2,253) per annum course fee income students or students from households earning less than two thousand per annum
- students who are already part of any creative artistic group or organization will not be considered
About The Scholarship
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is currently accepting applications from international students for its Postgraduate Scholarship in the Field of Fine Arts, Design, Visual Communication, and Film 2023. The scholarship gives the recipient the opportunity to participate in master’s level program(s) in the fields of film studies, designing, visual communication, and fine arts that are offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). There is no information provided regarding the scholarship’s closing date.
You have the opportunity to continue your education career in Germany or continue your course of study in the fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication, and Film if you are awarded a DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship. This scholarship is fully funded. In addition, the scholarships encourage professional networking and the sharing of one’s own experiences among coworkers. Since its establishment in 1925, the German Academic Exchange Service, also known as the DAAD, has grown to become the most important organization in Germany dedicated to promoting international academic cooperation. It is situated in Bonn, which is located in Germany.
Through participation in this scholarship program, you will have the chance to further your education by enrolling in a postgraduate or continuing course of study in Germany in the subject areas of fine art, design, visual communication, or film. The scholarships encourage both the sharing of professional experiences and networking amongst the recipients’ peers.
Who can apply?
You can apply if you have gained a first university degree in the fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
What can be funded?
In this study programme, you can complete
- a Master’s degree course/postgraduate degree course leading to a final qualification
- a complementary course without degree (not an undergraduate course)
- at a state or state-recognised German university of your choice.
- A Master’s degree programme already started in Germany cannot be funded.
If you are enrolled in a Master’s or postgraduate degree programme which includes a study period abroad, funding for this period abroad is usually only possible under the following conditions:
The study visit is essential for achievement of the scholarship objective, the visit does not take place in the home country, and it is no longer than a quarter of the scholarship period. Longer periods cannot be funded, even partially.
Please note: This programme only funds projects in the artistic and creative area. Other DAAD scholarship programmes are available for applicants from the field of History of Art or Art Studies or for artists with a scientific project.
- Depending on the length of the chosen study program, between 10 and 24 months
- Start: Typically, the study program begins on October 1st of the following year, or earlier if a German language course is taken prior to the study program.
Scholarships are granted for the duration of the standard period of study for the selected study program (up to a maximum of 24 months). In your application, please specify the entire time period for which you wish to apply for funding. For example, if you intend to pursue a two-year degree program, you must specify two years as the desired scholarship duration in your application. Following the first year of study, your academic achievements will be evaluated in a subsequent funding procedure. If this demonstrates that you will successfully complete your program within a reasonable time frame, the scholarship will be extended.
For more scholarships, please CLICK HERE
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Fine Arts
- Visual Communication
- Film Studies
- A monthly payment of 861 euros
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family. Please also read our important information for scholarship applicants / section F, point 3.
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information
- Green Mobility Top Up (Support for climate-friendly travel) or partial reimbursement of carbon offset payments for air travel
- To enable scholarship holders to learn German in preparation for their stay in the country, DAAD offers the following services:
- Payment of course fees for an online language course after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- If necessary: German language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the study visit in Germany; the DAAD decides whether to fund participation and for how long depending on German language skills and project. Participation in a language course is compulsory if the language of instruction or working language is German at the German host institution. Due to the pandemic, German courses may take place online.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of the fee for a TestDaF or DSH test, which you can take either in your home country after you have received your Scholarship Award Letter or in Germany during your funding period.
Please note that the DAAD does not cover tuition fees.
The receipt of a scholarship does not guarantee admission to one of the universities. The respective university will decide whether or not to accept scholarship holders. Applicants are usually required to take an entrance examination. Please inquire about admission requirements, application deadlines, and interview dates at your preferred university as soon as possible, keeping in mind that these may be several months before the start of your studies or even before the DAAD awards the scholarship. We are unable to cover the costs of the entrance exam. If an applicant is offered a scholarship by the DAAD but is not admitted to any of the universities listed in the application, he or she is not eligible to use the scholarship.
Best University in California for Computer Science: A Comprehensive Guide
When it comes to pursuing a degree in Computer Science, California is a hotspot for top-notch education. With numerous universities scattered across the Golden State, it can be overwhelming to choose the best one for your academic journey. (more…)
Right College: How to Decide on the Right College for You
Choosing thе Right College can bе challеnging. Thеrе arе hundrеds of options. Should you attеnd a Univеrsity, Community Collеgе, Onlinе, or Tеchnical School? This answеr is challеnging, but you can solvе this еasily by following thе stеps in this articlе. (more…)
Global Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarships at Edinburgh University
Global Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarships are payments awarded to students. Based on outstanding academic achievements. Or because they have met all requirements set out by the scholarship sponsor. Therefore, they are 2 main types of scholarships that you can apply for: Full scholarship: A payment that covers all of your tuition and textbook fees. (more…)
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏8 months ago
American Visa Sponsorship Program – Where | When | How to Apply | Study, Work & Live in USA
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏9 months ago
Official Sponsorship Approval – 100% Award Winning On Citizenship | Employment | Scholarship
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏7 months ago
USA Employment Visa Sponsorship Program To Work and Live Abroad
Entrepreneur2 years ago
Hotel Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in Canada – Apply Now!
Study Abroad7 months ago
Canada Government scholarships for international and African students 2023/2024
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏4 months ago
American Immigrant Visa Sponsorship – How To Apply For Study And Work Abroad
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏7 months ago
Canada VISA Sponsorship Application Form For 2023 Is Out – To Study, Work and Live Abroad
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏7 months ago
USA, Canada, Australia Student VISA Lottery Application