Wi-Fi is the wireless technology used to connect computers, tablets, smartphones, and other devices to the internet. Wi-Fi is the radio signal sent from a wireless router to a nearby device, which translates the signal into data you can see and use. The device transmits a radio signal back to the router, which connects to the internet by wire or cable.
A WiFi network is simply an internet connection that’s shared with multiple devices in a home or business via a wireless router. The router is connected directly to your internet modem and acts as a hub to broadcast the internet signal to all your Wi-Fi-enabled devices. This gives you the flexibility to stay connected to the internet as long as you’re within your network coverage area.
Wi-Fi uses radio waves to transmit data from your wireless router to your Wi-Fi-enabled devices like your TV, smartphone, tablet, and computer. Because they communicate with each other over airwaves, your devices and personal information can become vulnerable to hackers, cyber-attacks, and other threats.
Wi-Fi Password on iPhone
So, it is easy to forget WiFi passwords these days. While iPhones don’t have a built-in feature to easily show your WiFi network’s password, there are workarounds. Here’s how to find your WiFi password on an iPhone in several ways.
If you want to know how to find your WiFi password on a computer, check out our step-by-step guides on how to find your WiFi password on a Windows 10 PC and how to find any passwords on a Mac.
To find your WiFi password on an iPhone, go to Settings > Wi-Fi >and tap the “i” next to your network. Then tap and hold the number next to Router, select Copy, and paste it into your browser. Finally, enter your router’s username and password and select Wireless settings.
If you can’t use the previous method for any reason, you can also find your WiFi password on your iPhone, as long as you have a Mac computer. Your Mac computer doesn’t even need to be connected to the WiFi network to complete these steps.
How to Find a Wi-Fi Password on Your iPhone
Believe it or not, you can’t look up a Wi-Fi network password directly on your iPhone unless your iPhone is jailbroken and running apps that specifically let you do that.
You might expect that you could look up your Wi-Fi password right on your iPhone, but Apple doesn’t allow it. There’s just no feature in the iOS to find a Wi-Fi password, not even if you have the password saved in your Keychain.
Luckily, there are some other options for looking up passwords on your iPhone. The rest of this article explains how you can share your Wi-Fi password without looking it up and provides some options on your Mac for finding a password.
How to Share Wi-Fi Password on iOS 11 and Up
You may not be able to look up your Wi-Fi password on your iPhone, but there’s an easy way to share the password with a friend. As long as you’re both running iOS 11 and up (this works on Macs running macOS High Sierra (10.13) or higher, too), sharing a Wi-Fi password is a matter of just a few steps.
To use this feature, there are a few requirements you need to meet:
- Both devices need to be running iOS 11 or later.
- Your friend’s Apple ID must be in your Contacts app.
- Bluetooth must be enabled on both your device and your friend’s device.
With those requirements met, here’s what you need to do:
- Hold your iPhone near your friend’s iPhone (or iPad). The devices need to be in close physical proximity to use this feature.
- Using their iPhone, your friend should try to connect to the Wi-Fi network whose password you want to share.
- The Share Your Wi-Fi window pops up from the bottom of your iPhone screen. Tap Share Password.
- Your Wi-Fi password will be sent from your iPhone to your friend’s device and their iPhone will connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- On your iPhone, tap Done.
How to Find the Wi-Fi Password for Your Personal Hotspot
You’ve got additional options if you use Personal Hotspot.
Personal Hotspot is a feature of iOS that lets you share your iPhone’s cellular data connection with other nearby devices over Wi-Fi. In that case, other people near you who want to get online via your iPhone just need your Personal Hotspot password to connect to Wi-Fi.
When you use Personal Hotspot, your iPhone functions like the Wi-Fi router in your home. In that case, finding your Personal Hotspot password is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Tap Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap Personal Hotspot.
- Look at the Wi-Fi Password menu. This is the password to your Personal Hotspot. Give that to people who want to connect to your iPhone over Wi-Fi.
How to See Wi-Fi Password Using iCloud Keychain on a Mac
You may not know it, but your iPhone is packed full of saved passwords that you use for websites, apps, and Wi-Fi networks. These passwords are saved in the Keychain, a program that stores your login information and helps you by auto-filling them into login forms.
If you’ve got a Mac, you can view Wi-Fi passwords using iCloud Keychain. iCloud Keychain is similar to Keychain, except that it stores your usernames in your iCloud account, rather than on your Mac or iPhone. Login info stored in iCloud can be synced to your iCloud-compatible devices. That means that a Wi-Fi password saved on your iPhone can be viewed on a Mac.
- First, start by making sure iCloud Keychain is enabled on your iPhone. Tap the Settings app to open it.
- choose your name at the top of the Settings screen.
- Tap iCloud.
- Tap Keychain.
- Move the iCloud Keychain slider to on/green.
- Next, on your Mac, to go the Apple menu in the top right corner and then select System Preferences.
- Click iCloud (on macOS Catalina (10.15), click Apple ID first).
- Click the checkbox next to Keychain. This enables iCloud Keychain and will sync the password from the iPhone to the Mac. This may take a minute or two.
- Next, open the Keychain Access program on your Mac. The easiest way to do this is to open the Spotlight search tool by clicking the Command+Space bar. Type Keychain Access and then click the Return key.
- In the Search box, type the name of the Wi-Fi network whose password you want to view.
- In the search results, double-click the Wi-Fi network.
- Click the checkbox next to Show password.
- In the window that pops up, enter the password that you use to log onto your Mac.
- The Wi-Fi network password appears in the Show password field.
Since the iPhone doesn’t support WPS, you can’t connect to a modem/router without knowing the password. But, you can still use another iOS device to share a Wi-Fi password to your iPhone using the instructions in this article.
Some ISPs provide modems with Wi-Fi features. We recommend you use a separate modem and Wi-Fi router in most cases. Using two devices generally provides better networking performance. Lets you choose the Wi-Fi router best for you, and lets you keep your Wi-Fi router when you switch ISPs.
However, if there is anything you think we are missing. Don’t hesitate to inform us by dropping your advice in the comment section.
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below!
Read More: You can find more here https://www.poptalkz.com/.
Hope this was helpful? Yes or No
The Best 10 Highest Performing Adsense Banner Sizes and Formats
Are you pleased with how well your Google AdSense account is performing? If you’re like the majority of people who use Google AdSense, you probably aren’t aware of all of the options that are accessible to you or how to make use of them. You want your banner advertising to work as well as it possibly can, but if you don’t know which sizes and formats of AdSense banners perform the best or where the best area is to put your banner advertisements, you’re probably leaving money on the table. (more…)
24petwatch Login | Best Step on How to Login to 24petwatch Account
Looking for the 24petwatch Login portal? Here is the best way to reach the 24petwatch account. We are now offering you the easiest way to do that without any issues. Get direct access to Superbet Login through the official links provided below. (more…)
FMaudit Central Login – Find Official Links
Looking for the FMaudit Central Login? Here is the best way to reach the FMaudit Central Login portal. We are now offering you the easiest way to do that without any issues. Get direct access to FMaudit Central Login through the official links provided below. (more…)
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏1 month ago
American Visa Sponsorship Program – Where | When | How to Apply | Study, Work & Live in USA
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏1 year ago
Official Sponsorship Approval – 100% Award Winning On Citizenship | Employment | Scholarship
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏1 year ago
USA Employment Visa Sponsorship Program To Work and Live Abroad
Entrepreneur11 months ago
Hotel Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in Canada – Apply Now!
Study Abroad1 year ago
Canada Government scholarships for international and African students 2022/2023
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏11 months ago
American Immigrant Visa Sponsorship – How To Apply For Study And Work Abroad
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏1 year ago
Canada VISA Sponsorship Application Form For 2022 Is Out – To Study, Work and Live Abroad
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏2 years ago
USA, Canada, Australia Student VISA Lottery Application