Applications are now being accept for ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships in Switzerland for American and Canadian students for the year 2022. Research is “creative and systematic work undertaken to increase the stock of knowledge”. It involves the collection, organization and analysis of information to increase understanding of a topic or issue. A research project may be an expansion on past work in the field.
A scholarship is an award of financial aid for a student to further their education at a private elementary. Or secondary school, or a private or public post-secondary college, university, or other academic institution. It’s a grant or payment made to support a student’s education. Awarded on the basis of academic or other achievement. A scholarship is financial support award to a student. Base on academic achievement or other criteria that may include financial need, for the purpose of schooling.
US and Canada Student’s ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships
The aim of the program is to promote research opportunities in Switzerland for American and Canadian students and to foster the exchange between Swiss, U.S., and Canadian universities and research institutions.
ThinkSwiss is an official scholarship program manage by the Office of Science, Technology, and Higher Education at the Embassy of Switzerland in Washington, D.C. The program is fund by the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) and in cooperation with the Embassy of Switzerland in Ottawa, Canada.
- Applications Deadline: Sep 15, 2022
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study any of the research areas offered.
- Scholarship Award: The ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship provides a prorated amount according to the length of your stay: a monthly scholarship of CHF 1,600 (approx. USD 1,600) for a period of two to three months (CHF 4,800 maximum). Please note that this amount covers only a portion of the average student’s living expenses and that you will be asked to prove sufficient financial means to the Swiss Cantonal authorities before a visa can be issued (see information on visa below). All ThinkSwiss scholarship winners will be notified by Nov 28, 2022, and must accept or decline the scholarship by Dec 15, 2022.
- Nationality: All students enrolled at accredited U.S. or Canadian universities are eligible independently of nationality.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
what is thinkswiss research
ThinkSwiss is a scholarship program funded by the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI). The scholarship is open to students from all fields if they have an acceptance letter from a professor at a Swiss university for a research stay in their group.
ThinkSwiss is an official scholarship program manage by the Office of Science, Technology, and Higher Education at the Embassy of Switzerland in Washington, D.C. The program is funded by the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) and is supported by the Embassy of Switzerland in Ottawa, Canada. The aim of the program is to promote research opportunities in Switzerland for American and Canadian students and to foster the exchange between Swiss, U.S., and Canadian universities and research institutions.
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships is a program that opens doors for students from India, Singapore. And Australia to the world of Swiss academia. That combines high quality curriculum with innovative thinking. The scholarship accepts students who have completed their 2nd year of graduation or post-graduation, while being enrolled with an Indian, Singaporean or Australian university.
Eligibility for ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships
Eligible Countries: All students enrolled at accredited U.S. or Canadian universities are eligible independently of nationality.
To apply for a ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship you must:
- Currently, be enroll at an accredit US or Canadian university/college
- Be a graduate or undergraduate student who will have completed their sophomore year by the time their research stay in Switzerland begins
- Provide a written confirmation from a professor at a Swiss university that they will accept you for a research stay in their group
English Language Requirements: In Switzerland, undergraduate courses are usually taught in the respective region’s national language (German, French or Italian) and graduate programs are often offer in English. However, for a research stay in Switzerland national language skills are often not requires. As the working language will generally be English. Knowledge of any Swiss national language would, of course, be helpful for daily life.
How to Apply: The application and all supporting documents must be send in one PDF file to was.science-at-eda.admin.ch by Sep 15, 2022. In order to be consider for this scholarship, each application must contain:
An introduction page with:
- Your first name and last name as it appears on your travel documents
- The accredit university in the U.S. or in Canada at which you are currently enroll
- The name of your host university in Switzerland, including the involve institute. And the name of your host professor o The dates. And the length of stay (at least two, but up to three months in total)
- Your field of research
- Your e-mail address (one that will remain valid for a longer period of time and that you check on a regular basis!)
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships
- A research project outline (e.g. an overview of the tasks. Milestones of your project that you agree on with your host professor). And explaining why you should be award the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship. And why you would make an excellent “student ambassador” in the future (please keep this within 3-4 pages)
- A CV (no more than two pages)
- A copy of your current university transcripts and diplomas (if applicable)
- Job certificates or references that can confirm the work experience outlined in your
- A letter of acceptance from the professor in Switzerland (we expect this letter to highlight the relevance of your research)
- A letter of recommendation from a current professor who can attest to the applicant’s abilities
The last four requirements (points 4-7) indicate above can be send separately to email@example.com by universities and references themselves. However, all request documents (points 1-7) must be send by Sep 15, 2022 which is the final deadline for the completion of the application process.
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below!
Read More: You can find more here https://www.poptalkz.com/.
Note: You have more to gain on you asking more questions on ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships and more other work and study abroad like USA, Australia, UK and other developed countries are all on guidelines Here.
Hope this was helpful? Yes or No
Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships | Fully Funded to Study in Germany 2022
The Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships, named after Germany’s Nobel Prize-winning author and journalist, are fully funded and require no tuition fees at any university in Germany in the 2022–2023 academic year. The scholarships are not specifically limited to certain fields of study or universities; however, they do prioritize humanities and social sciences over technical fields of study. The program also accepts applicants from other countries besides Germany, as long as they plan to spend their time studying in Germany. (more…)
Richie Reports: How to Find the Right Scholarship, Internship, or Exchange Program
Are you looking to study, travel, or work abroad in 2022? Richie Reports has compiled the best scholarship opportunities and international exchange programs available for students and young professionals in 2022. Browse through them all by following the steps we will be listed below! (more…)
Application Process Now Open for the Fully-Funded DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship Program 2022-2023
A fully-funded study program in Germany will no longer be an unattainable dream, thanks to the fully-funded DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship Program 2022-2023! The scholarship program is named after former German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt and offers full funding to students looking to study abroad in Germany. Whether you’re going to become proficient in the German language or get your master’s degree at one of the most prestigious universities in Germany, this scholarship can help you reach your academic goals faster and more easily than ever before! (more…)
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏9 months ago
Official Sponsorship Approval – 100% Award Winning On Citizenship | Employment | Scholarship
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏9 months ago
American Visa Sponsorship Program – Where | When | How to Apply | Study, Work & Live in USA
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏8 months ago
USA Employment Visa Sponsorship Program To Work and Live Abroad
Accessibility4 months ago
QQ Mail | QQ Mail Sign up | QQ Mail App | QQ Mail Login | QQ Web
Accessibility11 months ago
Google Account | Gmail Login | Create New Account | Reset Account & Password
Study Abroad9 months ago
Canada Government scholarships for international and African students 2022/2023
Entrepreneur4 months ago
Hotel Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in Canada – Apply Now!
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏1 year ago
USA, Canada, Australia Student VISA Lottery Application