Applying to immigrate through Canada’s Family Class Sponsorship Program can be complex, especially if you have never done it before and do not know where to start. Here are 5 simple steps that will help you successfully immigrate through the program in no time. If you take these steps one at a time, you’ll find that the application process will be much easier to understand, which will allow you to make more informed decisions along the way.
Immigrating to Canada by sponsoring your family can be one of the most difficult, yet rewarding things you’ll ever do in your life. This article will help you understand what steps you must take in order to successfully immigrate through Canada family class sponsorship. If you’re determined to do it right, this article will have you well on your way to becoming a permanent resident of Canada in no time!
There are many ways to immigrate to Canada, and one of the most popular ways is through Canada family class sponsorship (or marriage sponsorship). This article will explain how to successfully immigrate through Canadian family class sponsorship.
What is Canada Family Class Sponsorship?
The Canada Family Class Sponsorship program is a way for Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor certain family members to come to Canada. This includes spouses, common-law or conjugal partners, dependent children, parents, and grandparents. The sponsor must be 18 years of age or older, must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada, and must meet certain income requirements.
In order to sponsor a family member, the sponsor must fill out an application which includes signing an undertaking that says they will provide for the basic needs of the person being sponsored. The sponsored person must also pass a medical exam and have a police check done. Once the application is approved, the sponsored person will be given a visa which will allow them to come to Canada.
Step 1: Decide if you are eligible
The first step is to determine if you are eligible to sponsor a family member through the Family Class sponsorship program. You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and you must be 18 years of age or older. You will also need to show that you can provide for your sponsored relative financially and that you have enough space in your home to accommodate them. Lastly, you cannot have any criminal convictions on your record.
Step 2: Fill out the Online Form
After you have been determined to be eligible, the next step is to fill out an online form. This form is available on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website. The form will ask for basic information about you and your family, as well as your reasons for wanting to immigrate to Canada. Be sure to answer all questions truthfully and accurately.
Step 3: Pay the Fees
The final step in the process is to pay the fees. The first fee you will need to pay is the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, which is $490 CAD. You will also need to pay the Principal Applicant Processing Fee, which is $75 CAD. If you are applying for any dependent children who are under the age of 22, you will need to pay a processing fee of $150 CAD per child. Lastly, you will need to submit biometrics, which costs $85 CAD per person.
Step 4: Submit Documents
Now that you have a complete list of required documents, it’s time to submit them to the Canadian embassy or consulate. The embassy will review your application and determine if you’re eligible for sponsorship. If you are, they’ll send you a confirmation letter and an immigration forms kit. If you’re not eligible, they’ll send you a letter explaining why.
Step 5: Get a medical exam
You and your family members must have a medical exam before you can come to Canada. A doctor authorized by the Canadian government will conduct the exam. They will make sure that you are not inadmissible to Canada because of health reasons. The medical exam usually includes:
- a physical examination,
- a chest x-ray,
- blood tests, and -tests for tuberculosis (TB).
If you or one of your family members has certain communicable diseases when you arrive in Canada, it is very important that they tell a border services officer at the airport or port of entry right away. If they do not tell the officer and are discovered later, they could be charged with serious criminal offenses.
These diseases include HIV infection, active TB disease, leprosy, or any other infectious disease where there is reasonable ground for believing that contact with them could result in transmission to others.
Most Canadians want newcomers to live happily in their communities and speak English or French fluently. Some people believe there should be tests for communicable diseases when people immigrate from other countries into Canada.
The Canadian family member may sponsor:
- His or her spouse
- Common-law partner
- Conjugal partner
- Dependent child
- Adopted children
5 Steps On How To Successfully Immigrate Through It
The family class sponsorship program is one of the many ways you can immigrate to Canada. It allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor certain family members to come to Canada. If you’re interested in this program, here are 5 steps on how to successfully immigrate through it:
- Choose your sponsor wisely. The sponsor is the Canadian citizen or permanent resident who will be responsible for you financially once you arrive in Canada. Make sure that you choose someone who is willing and able to take on this responsibility.
- Gather all the required documents. The sponsor will need to fill out an application form and provide various documents, such as proof of income, a copy of their Canadian passport or PR card, and more.
- Take a medical exam. Once you’ve chosen your sponsor, you will need to take a medical exam before you can apply for permanent residence. This ensures that you won’t have any health problems when you arrive in Canada.
- Apply for permanent residence. Once you’ve passed your medical exam, you can apply for permanent residence. There are two ways to do so: through your sponsor or through an application center abroad.
- Make an appointment for your visa interview. If you applied through your sponsor, you’ll need to make an appointment for a visa interview with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). If you applied through an application center abroad, CIC will contact you with instructions on how to proceed. After completing all these steps, there’s still no guarantee that you’ll be accepted into Canada; it depends on where inline your file is when it comes time to process. In any case, you should be able to immigrate within 12 months of applying if everything goes smoothly; however, processing times can take longer in some parts of the world than in others.
Requirements for a Sponsor Interested in Living in Canada
In addition to being a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, the sponsor must also fulfill a few other requirements in order to be eligible.
The sponsor must:
- Prove that they will be able to financially support their family member and any dependent, if necessary
- Enter into an agreement with the Government of Canada or Quebec, as well as the sponsored relative, where the sponsor will agree to support the family member for a certain amount of time. The sponsored relative must make an effort to support themselves, as well.
- Either reside in Canada prove their intention to live in Canada when the sponsored relative arrives in Canada
Be at least 18 years old
- Not be incarcerated or charged with a serious offense
- Not be bankrupt
- Not be under a removal order if a Permanent Resident
Sponsoring a family member through the Canadian immigration process can be a long and daunting task. But by following these five steps, you can increase your chances of success. First, make sure you are eligible to sponsor. Second, gather all the required documents.
Third, complete the sponsorship application forms. Fourth, pay the sponsorship fee. Fifth, submit your application. By following these steps, you can increase your chances of success in sponsoring a family member through the Canadian immigration process.
Canadian Immigration Requirements | How Much do I need to Immigrate to Canada?
The possibility of immigrating to Canada is very exciting. You can take a chance on a new life in the country that has become known as the “greatest place in the world” thanks to its natural beauty and wealth of opportunities. (more…)
Immigrate to Canada | What is the Easiest way to Immigrate to Canada?
Immigrate to Canada is the process by which you move from any country to Canada. Canada is a great place to live, work and raise a family. It’s also one of the easiest countries to immigrate to in North America. You can take several paths to get your Canadian citizenship or permanent residency, but they all start with getting a Canadian visa. (more…)
Types of Immigrants in Canada | What are the 4 Types of Immigrants in Canada?
Immigration is an integral part of Canada’s identity and history. From the first Europeans to arrive in the 16th century, to the present-day influx of newcomers, immigrants have been contributing to Canadian culture and economy for centuries. But who are the four types of immigrants in Canada today? Read on to find out! (more…)
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏3 months ago
American Visa Sponsorship Program – Where | When | How to Apply | Study, Work & Live in USA
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏1 year ago
Official Sponsorship Approval – 100% Award Winning On Citizenship | Employment | Scholarship
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏1 year ago
USA Employment Visa Sponsorship Program To Work and Live Abroad
Entrepreneur1 year ago
Hotel Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in Canada – Apply Now!
Study Abroad1 year ago
Canada Government scholarships for international and African students 2022/2023
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏1 year ago
American Immigrant Visa Sponsorship – How To Apply For Study And Work Abroad
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏1 year ago
Canada VISA Sponsorship Application Form For 2022 Is Out – To Study, Work and Live Abroad
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏2 years ago
USA, Canada, Australia Student VISA Lottery Application