The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance for Developing Countries are awarded to outstanding candidates from countries that are not members of the European Union or candidate countries.
The scholarships are available to students who have completed their first year at university level and who wish to pursue a degree programme at an institution within the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
About DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships
DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships are available for students from developing countries who wish to pursue a master’s degree in Germany. The scholarship is for a maximum of two years and can be taken at any German institution of higher education. Eligible applicants must have obtained their undergraduate degree within the past five years, possess excellent academic records and have demonstrated financial need.
The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships are made possible by donations from individuals, organizations and businesses that share our vision of a world where all people can live free from poverty by 2030 as part of our Generation: 2023 programme.
DAAD Helmut Schmidt Masters Scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance for Developing Countries
- The scholarship is available to students from developing countries.
- The scholarship is awarded for a Master’s degree in Public Policy and Good Governance.
- The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses and travel costs.
Participating Programmes in Host Institutions:
The scholarships are awarded for selected Master courses at German institutions of higher education listed below:
- Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg: MA Analysis and Design of Social Protection Systems (Blended-learning)
- University of Duisburg-Essen: MA Development and Governance
- Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Universität Magdeburg: Peace and Conflict Studies (MA)
- Hochschule Osnabrück: Management in Non-Profit Organizations
- Universität Passau: Development Studies (MA)
- University of Passau: Master of Governance and Public Policy
- University of Potsdam: Master of Public Management (MPM)
The courses have an international orientation and are taught in German and/or English.
The scholarship scheme is open to candidates from Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa; Latin America; Asia and the Pacific, Western, Central, South-Eastern Europe; Eastern Europe, Central Asia & South Caucasus; and the Middle East and North Africa. See the list of eligible countries.
DAAD scholarship holders within the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme are exempted from tuition fees. DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate of currently 861 €. The scholarship also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany, appropriate travel allowance, a study and research subsidy as well as rent subsidies and/or allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable.
Prior to their study programmes, all scholarship holders will also receive a 6- months German language course.
Who Can Apply for The Scholarship
The scholarship is open to applicants who are citizens of a member state of the European Union and who are enrolled full-time in a Masters program at an accredited German university. The program must be one that leads to a degree in history, political science, or international relations. Applicants must also have obtained their bachelor’s degree before applying for this scholarship.
Why you Should Apply for the Scholarship
The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships are a great opportunity for you to study in Germany. You will get the chance to interact with the best minds in the world, learn from them and gain knowledge and experience that will help you become an even better person.
The DAAD has offered scholarships since 2012 and they have been very popular among applicants because they offer excellent value for money – especially compared to other international scholarships which cost thousands per year!
- The most important selection criteria are:
- Higher education degree obtained with above average results (top third of graduates)
- Language certificates (requirements vary depending on the respective course of study)
- Political and/or social involvement (see above ‘Target group’) is considered an advantage
- Evidence of internships and/or professional experience is also taken into account positively
- A conclusive account of the applicant’s academic and personal motivation for the study endeavor in Germany and for choosing and prioritizing the courses of study
- An account of the applicant’s perspectives upon returning to their home country or region
- The following groups are not eligible:
- Applicants who obtained their most recent higher education degree more than six years before submitting their application.
- Applicants who have resided in a country that is not included in the DAC list of developing and emerging countries for more than 15 months at the time of the application deadline.
How to Apply
Please submit your applications for the selected master`s courses and for the DAAD scholarship to the respective universities only (not to DAAD). You must indicate that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Programme (Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance). The application period at all 8 universities lasts from 1 June – 31 July.
It is important to read the 2023/24 Announcement and visit the official website to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Germany is a country in West-Central Europe. It is bordered by Denmark and the North Sea to the north, Poland and the Czech Republic to the east, Austria and Switzerland to the south, France and Luxembourg to the southwest, and Belgium and The Netherlands to its west.
Germany is an ideal study abroad destination because it offers world-class education, exciting urban life surrounded by beautiful landscapes, and a welcoming culture with people from all over the world. Germany is a large economy with numerous opportunities for international graduates. Unlike many other European countries, Germany’s economy is not concentrated in one or two regions. The country’s industrial hubs are dispersed: Hamburg is home to trade and media companies; Munich and Stuttgart are strong in automotive and manufacturing; and Frankfurt is the leading financial capital.
Despite its lack of a strong industrial presence, Berlin has emerged as Europe’s startup capital in recent years. Speaking German is almost always required, particularly for entry-level positions. Jobs in technology/IT and jobs at internationally oriented startups – particularly in startup hubs like Hamburg or Berlin – are common exceptions.
Why you Should Study in Germany
Germany is one of the most popular destinations for international students. It has a good education system, which makes it a safe country to study in. You can find a good university in Germany and you will be able to learn from top professors from all over the world. The country has rich history, culture and traditions that make it unique compared to other countries around the world.
The German language adds value to your studies as it helps you communicate with people from different backgrounds easily without any problem at all! As soon as you arrive here your mind will start buzzing because you have so many things available before starting your journey towards knowledge acquisition through learning new skills or improving existing ones through research projects etc…
In addition to these advantages, there are several reasons why you should study in Germany:
- It’s safe to travel around without fear of being robbed or attacked on the street by pickpockets or muggers (there have been no reported cases).
- The German language has a reputation for being difficult to learn but once mastered it can be used anywhere in the world where German speakers live or work; this includes over 70 countries across all continents except Antarctica!
- The country boasts one of Europe’s best higher education systems with world-class scholarships available at many prestigious universities throughout Europe including Heidelberg University which offers scholarships worth up to €30000 per year!
Is DAAD scholarship available for Masters in Germany?
Funding in Germany is typically available for research, so basically for PhD and above. However, the DAAD offers the following scholarships for master’s: Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (Master’s Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance – PPGG)
Is DAAD scholarship hard to get?
For both national and international students who meet the requirements, getting a DAAD scholarship is surprisingly doable. The hard work comes from your undergraduate studies and experience in the field.
Who qualifies for DAAD scholarship?
The minimum requirement to apply for a DAAD scholarship normally is an IELTS (band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score 550 paper based, 213 computer based and 80 internet based). German: For those courses taught in German, a DSH 2 or Test DaF 4 certificate is necessary for matriculation.
How do I apply for Masters in Germany?
- Find a suitable university and program.
- Check the requirements.
- Language proficiency.
- Submit your application.
- Wait for the admission letter.
- Get health insurance.
- Get your finances in order.
- Get your student visa.
Can I stay in Germany after DAAD scholarship?
If you succeed in finding a job during this period, you can stay in Germany and receive a residence permit for the purpose of gainful employment. Under certain circumstances, you may be eligible for a settlement permit, i.e. indefinite leave to remain, after just two years.
Is it hard to get scholarship in Germany?
DAAD scholarships in Germany requirements aren’t too difficult to meet. To secure DAAD funding, applicants must have completed a Bachelors degree or be in their final year of studies. There is no upper age limit, although there may be a maximum time between finishing your Bachelors and taking up a DAAD grant.
I hope that this article helped you to understand more about the scholarship and how it can benefit you. So if you have any questions, feel free to contact us at [[email protected]] For more information visit POPTALKZ.COM
Best University in California for Computer Science: A Comprehensive Guide
When it comes to pursuing a degree in Computer Science, California is a hotspot for top-notch education. With numerous universities scattered across the Golden State, it can be overwhelming to choose the best one for your academic journey. (more…)
Right College: How to Decide on the Right College for You
Choosing thе Right College can bе challеnging. Thеrе arе hundrеds of options. Should you attеnd a Univеrsity, Community Collеgе, Onlinе, or Tеchnical School? This answеr is challеnging, but you can solvе this еasily by following thе stеps in this articlе. (more…)
Global Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarships at Edinburgh University
Global Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarships are payments awarded to students. Based on outstanding academic achievements. Or because they have met all requirements set out by the scholarship sponsor. Therefore, they are 2 main types of scholarships that you can apply for: Full scholarship: A payment that covers all of your tuition and textbook fees. (more…)
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏8 months ago
American Visa Sponsorship Program – Where | When | How to Apply | Study, Work & Live in USA
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏9 months ago
Official Sponsorship Approval – 100% Award Winning On Citizenship | Employment | Scholarship
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏7 months ago
USA Employment Visa Sponsorship Program To Work and Live Abroad
Entrepreneur2 years ago
Hotel Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in Canada – Apply Now!
Study Abroad6 months ago
Canada Government scholarships for international and African students 2023/2024
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏4 months ago
American Immigrant Visa Sponsorship – How To Apply For Study And Work Abroad
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏7 months ago
Canada VISA Sponsorship Application Form For 2023 Is Out – To Study, Work and Live Abroad
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏7 months ago
USA, Canada, Australia Student VISA Lottery Application