Boston University LLM Degrees: With some 650 courses on global topics, faculty research on every continent. students from nearly 100 countries, and alumni living in over 180 of the world’s countries. it’s easy to see why BU ranks among the world’s top universities. Plus, our study abroad program is widely consider among the nation’s best.
If you are applying as a first-year student, yes, you are not require to select a major until the end of your sophomore year. Most schools and colleges within BU have an ‘undecided’ option; however, first-year student applicants will need to select one of our schools or colleges for their application to BU. Ranked #27 among Best U.S. Colleges by The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education. BU is one of only three universities in Boston and Cambridge named to the prestigious Association of American Universities. Ranked #42 among national universities by U.S. News & World Report.
Cases can be made for excessive partying, but the truth is, it does not permeate the entire college at all. If you don’t go looking for parties/drinking/drugs, then you are unlikely to find any. The school is large enough that almost anyone can come out of their shell. Boston College is extremely selective and practices holistic admissions—taking into consideration a variety of factors that include grades, test scores, extracurricular activities, class rank, academic rigor, and recommendations.
About Boston University
Boston University (BU) is a private research university in Boston, Massachusetts. The university is nonsectarian but has a historical affiliation with the United Methodist Church. It was establish in 1839 by Methodists with its original campus in Newbury, Vermont, before moving to Boston in 1867.
The university now has more than 4,000 faculty members and nearly 34,000 students and is one of Boston’s largest employers. It offers bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, doctorates, and medical, dental, business, and law degrees through 17 schools and colleges on three urban campuses.
The main campus is situate along the Charles River in Boston’s Fenway-Kenmore and Allston neighborhoods, while the Boston University Medical Campus is locate in Boston’s South End neighborhood. The Fenway campus houses the Wheelock College of Education and Human Development, formerly Wheelock College, which merged with BU in 2018.
BU is a member of the Boston Consortium
BU is a member of the Boston Consortium for Higher Education and the Association of American Universities. It is classified among “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity”.
Among its alumni and current or past faculty, the university counts 8 Nobel Laureates, 23 Pulitzer Prize winners, 10 Rhodes Scholars, 6 Marshall Scholars, 9 Academy Award winners, and several Emmy and Tony Award winners. BU also has MacArthur, Fulbright, and Truman Scholars, as well as American Academy of Arts and Sciences and National Academy of Sciences members, among its past and present graduates and faculty. In 1876, BU professor Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone in a BU lab.
The Boston University Terriers compete in the NCAA Division I. BU athletic teams compete in the Patriot League, and Hockey East conferences, and their mascot is Rhett the Boston Terrier. It is well known for men’s hockey, in which it has won five national championships, most recently in 2009.
Boston University LLM Degrees
The University School of Law is inviting applications for its newly launched LLM Leadership Program. The small number of new scholarships is open to everyone applying to be admitt(ed) to BU Law’s LL.M. program beginning fall 2022, who have at least three years’ work experience.
Boston University School of Law is inviting applications for its newly launched LLM Leadership Program. The small number of new scholarships is open to everyone applying to be admitted to BU Law’s LL.M. program beginning fall 2022, who have at least three years’ work experience. This scholarship program is designed to recognize the leadership potential of the school’s most promising LLM candidates.
Founded in 1872, Boston University School of Law is a top-tier law school with a faculty recognized nationally for exceptional teaching and preeminent scholarship. You can explore virtually any area of the law in 200+ classes and seminars, 20+ clinics and externships, and 21 study abroad opportunities. BU Law offers a full-time JD degree, five LLM degrees, and 17 dual degrees. With the support of a global network of nearly 24,000 alumni and a robust Career Development & Public Service Office, our graduates achieve remarkable career success.
Boston University School of Law LLM Leadership Description:
- Applications Deadline: Fall 2022 (all programs except the Executive LLM)
- International Applicants*: April 15, 2022
- Domestic Applicants: July 31, 2022
- Tax program (online option), Certificate in Financial Services Compliance: July 31, 2022
- *Please note: the LLM in American Law is open to foreign-trained attorneys only and is only available for Fall entry.
Spring 2022 (all programs except the Executive LLM)
- Programs open for spring admission: Graduate Program in Banking & Financial Law, Graduate Tax Program, Executive LLM (see deadlines below), and all graduate certificates
- International Applicants: October 31, 2022
- Domestic Applicants: November 28, 2022
- Tax program (online option), Graduate Certificates: November 28, 2022
- Certificate in Financial Services Compliance: Applications will be accepted until January 5, 2022.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue a graduate degree program.
- Study Subject: Apply to one of our five LLM programs, all recognized as among the nation’s finest: American Law, Banking & Financial Law, Intellectual Property, International Business Law, and Taxation.
- Scholarship Award: The School of Law acknowledges a small number of LLM applicants who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement through the LLM Scholars Program These awards come in the form of partial tuition waivers. Please note that full-tuition scholarships are not available and students must secure their own funding sources to cover the cost of tuition and fees.
- Nationality: Available to Domestic and International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Small numbers of new scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Boston University School of Law LLM Leadership
Eligible Countries: Available to Domestic and International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- US-trained applicants must be graduates of a law school accredited by the American Bar Association at the time of matriculation.
- Foreign-trained applicants must hold a first degree in law, or its equivalent, from an, accredited or comparably recognized law school or law faculty outside the United States at the time of matriculation. Admission to the national bar of certain jurisdictions may meet the eligibility criteria.
- While our programs are design for qualifi(ed) lawyers, we occasionally admit into our Executive LLM in International Business Law Program highly-qualify candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent but do not have a law degree. Our Legal English Certificate Program is also open to non-lawyers. If you wish to receive additional information on the qualifications of students without a first degree in law who are typically admitted to these programs, please contact bull-at-bu.edu.
- Admission to BU Law is highly competitive and depends to a great extent on the demonstration of high achievement in previous law studies. While work experience is not require, it is highly value.
English Language Requirements: Proof of English language proficiency is not required if: (i) your native language is English; or (ii) you received your undergraduate or first law degree in a country where the language of instruction and the only official language is English. For all other applicants, we must receive satisfactory proof of your English proficiency in the form of an official TOEFL or IELTS score report. submitted via the LSAC LLM Credential Assembly Service.
First Step How to Apply:
The following items are require supporting materials to complete the application for admission for all students:
- Completed Application for Admission Form: Please note, Boston University School of Law uses one application for all LLM programs. You will indicate to which LLM program you are applying by answering the first question on the application: question #1—Program Information. If you wish to apply to more than one LLM program, please email bullm-at-bu.edu for additional instructions.
- Application Fee: Payment of a non-refundable application fee of US $85 must accompany the application. Applicants may pay this fee by credit card. This is in addition to any service fees assessed by LSAC.
- Official, Sealed Academic Records: Complete official transcripts—or notarized. full-sized copies—of all colleges, universities. or graduate schools from which you have earned a degree must be submitted to LSAC. The official transcript or an accompanying report must contain your class standing, if given, together with a description of the school’s grading system. All transcripts or other academic records must be official documents bearing the registrar’s signature and/or the institution’s seal. If these records are not in English, a certifi(ed) English translation must be submitt(ed) together with the originals or copies. Transcripts submit via LSAC’s LLM Credential Assembly Service are consider official; you do not need to submit additional copies. For more information, visit www.lsac.org/llm or see below for information about the LSAC Credential Assembly Service (CAS).
Second Step How to Apply:
- Two Letters of Recommendation: You must submit two letters of recommendation writt(en). By individuals who are well acquaint with your academic. Or professional abilities and are able to provide a thoughtful. Thorough and candid assessment of your academic ability. And potential for success at graduate level law study. BU Law requires at least two – but accepts up to four – letters of recommendation. We welcome letters from former law professors, as well as from employment supervisors. And other professional colleagues who have direct knowledge of your skills and attributes. If these letters are not in English, a certify English translation must also be submitt(ed).
- Personal Statement of Interest: A carefully worded and detailed personal statement of interest is an important part of your application. You should discuss your personal and professional reasons for pursuing the LLM degree. You should also include an explanation of your study interests and their relation to your previous study, employment experiences, and professional goals.
Third Step How to Apply:
- Curriculum Vitae: Please include your curriculum vitae as a separate item, not as a substitute for your personal statement.
- Law School Admissions Test: If you have taken the Law School Admission Test (LSAT). you must list on the application form each time you took the test and the scores you received. (We do not require GRE or other standardized test results.) The LSAT test is not require of foreign-train applicants.
- TOEFL or IELTS score report: Proof of English language proficiency is not require if: (i) your native language is English; or (ii) you receive your undergraduate or first law degree in a country where the language of instruction and the only official language is English. For all other applicants, we must receive satisfactory proof. Of your English proficiency in the form of an official TOEFL. Or IELTS score report, submitt(ed) via the LSAC LLM Credential Assembly Service. For more details, see Part 2: Foreign-train Applicants Only.
However, if there is anything you think we are missing. Don’t hesitate to inform us by dropping your advice in the comment section.
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below!
Read More: You can find more here https://www.poptalkz.com/.
Hope this was helpful? Yes or No
Best University in California for Computer Science: A Comprehensive Guide
When it comes to pursuing a degree in Computer Science, California is a hotspot for top-notch education. With numerous universities scattered across the Golden State, it can be overwhelming to choose the best one for your academic journey. (more…)
Right College: How to Decide on the Right College for You
Choosing thе Right College can bе challеnging. Thеrе arе hundrеds of options. Should you attеnd a Univеrsity, Community Collеgе, Onlinе, or Tеchnical School? This answеr is challеnging, but you can solvе this еasily by following thе stеps in this articlе. (more…)
Global Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarships at Edinburgh University
Global Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarships are payments awarded to students. Based on outstanding academic achievements. Or because they have met all requirements set out by the scholarship sponsor. Therefore, they are 2 main types of scholarships that you can apply for: Full scholarship: A payment that covers all of your tuition and textbook fees. (more…)
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏8 months ago
American Visa Sponsorship Program – Where | When | How to Apply | Study, Work & Live in USA
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏9 months ago
Official Sponsorship Approval – 100% Award Winning On Citizenship | Employment | Scholarship
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏7 months ago
USA Employment Visa Sponsorship Program To Work and Live Abroad
Entrepreneur2 years ago
Hotel Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in Canada – Apply Now!
Study Abroad7 months ago
Canada Government scholarships for international and African students 2023/2024
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏4 months ago
American Immigrant Visa Sponsorship – How To Apply For Study And Work Abroad
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏7 months ago
Canada VISA Sponsorship Application Form For 2023 Is Out – To Study, Work and Live Abroad
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏7 months ago
USA, Canada, Australia Student VISA Lottery Application