Learn the steps for becoming a U.S. citizen including how to apply, sample test questions and what is the naturalization process. Also, find information on dual citizenship, how to get proof of your U.S. citizenship if you were born abroad or replace your lost or stolen citizenship certificate.
On This Page, there are the list of things we will be talking about and do ask your question in any way you want:
- U.S. Citizenship through Naturalization
- Certificates of Citizenship and Naturalization
- Dual Citizenship or Nationality
- Establish Citizenship Without a Birth Certificate
- U.S. Citizenship for People Born Abroad or in U.S. Territories
- U.S. Citizenship through Naturalization
- Secure Easy Online Approval
Becoming a citizen through naturalization is a process in which a non-U.S. citizen voluntarily becomes an American citizen. U.S. citizens:
- Owe their allegiance to the United States
- Are entitled to its protection
- Should exercise their rights and responsibilities as citizens
To become a U.S. citizen, you must:
- Have had a Permanent Resident (Green) Card for at least five years, or for at least three years if you’re filing as the spouse of a U.S. citizen.
- You must renew your Permanent Resident Card before applying for citizenship if:
- Your card will expire within six months of applying, or
- Your card has already expired
- You can apply for naturalization before you receive your new Green Card. But, you’ll need to submit a photocopy of the receipt for your Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, when you receive it.
- Meet certain eligibility requirements. To see if you’re eligible, click on the link that is most similar to your situation. Some requirements may include being:
- At least 18 years old when you apply
- Able to read, write, and speak basic English
- Of good moral character
- Go through the 10-step naturalization process which includes:
- Determining your eligibility to become an American citizen
- Completing form N-400, the application for naturalization, and creating a free account to submit your form online
- Taking the U.S. Naturalization Test and having a personal interview
Take the U.S. Naturalization Test
One of the requirements in the naturalization process is taking the U.S. Naturalization Test. The Naturalization Test has two components: a civics test and an English test.
- 100 Civics Questions and Answers for the 2008 Test (with MP3 audio)
- Civics Practice Test – Study tool to help you test your knowledge of U.S. history and government.
- Learn about the speaking, reading, and writing tests for the English portion of the test under Part D.
Certificates of Citizenship and Naturalization are proof of your U.S. citizenship.
Dual citizenship (or dual nationality) means a person may be a citizen of the United States and another country at the same time. U.S. law does not require a person to choose one citizenship or another.
If you’re a citizen of another country, contact that country’s embassy or consulate for information about its:
- Mandatory military service
For information on dual nationality from the point of view of another country, contact that country’s embassy or consulate.
If you have dual citizenship and plan to travel to or from the United States, you must use a U.S. passport to enter and leave the United States.
Information about giving up or losing your U.S. citizenship is also available.
A licensed attorney skilled in citizenship matters can assist you with questions about your situation. A local bar association can often provide a good referral.
If you were born in the U.S. and there is no birth certificate on file, you will need several different documents to prove your citizenship:
- A letter from the vital records office in your birth state with your name and what years they searched for your birth certificate.
- A Letter of No Record from the vital records office. You will also need secondary evidence of U.S. citizenship to prove your birth in the United States.
If you were born outside the United States and your U.S. parent(s) did not register your birth at the U.S. Embassy or consulate, you may apply for a U.S. passport, but you will need:
- Your foreign birth record showing your parents’ names
- Evidence of your parent(s) U.S. citizenship
- Your parents’ marriage certificate
If you were born outside the U.S. and your U.S. parent(s) registered your birth with a U.S. Embassy, the U.S. Department of State (DOS) will be able to help you get a copy of a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240).
You are a U.S. citizen if:
- You have a birth certificate issued by a U.S. state.
- And You were born in a U.S. territory and have a birth certificate issued by that territory. If you don’t have a birth certificate from your birth territory, you may be able to verify your citizenship status using other documents.
- You were born outside of the U.S. to at least one U.S. citizen parent and your parent(s) recorded your birth with the U.S. Embassy or consulate in that country.
- If your birth was recorded before your 18th birthday, the Embassy or consulate issued your parent(s) a document that is proof of your U.S. citizenship. This document is known as a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA or Form FS-240). Learn how to request copies, amendments, or corrections to a Consular Report of Birth Abroad from the U.S. Department of State (DOS).
- If the Embassy or consulate did not issue a CRBA and you are 18 years of age or older, learn how to get a Certificate of Citizenship. This document proves your U.S. citizenship and can be obtained from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Secure an Easy Online Visa Approval
Meanwhile, there are lost of steps and Guide lines which you should note today;
Make use of single profile –
What do you think of this? … The best way you can make claims to your award is only when you have the full documentation and once there is a duplication of your Application you will disqualified immediately. so the best thing you have to do is to make your a single registration with this program.
Read the instructions carefully –
How best did you understand the instructions given for this Application? If in any way you don’t get them clear, do contact the admin to help you better via email or better still make use of the contact box below the page and make sure you get response before Application.
Ask questions on any were you are confuse –
Just as you read above make your request for better understanding and guide to gain easy and secure approval its all free.
Chat up the main portal for clarifications –
On the next steps do make check on your Account for messages and other inbox mail for a greater Good.
Make use of your legal details –
How legal are you details? that show even if you are registering for yourself or someone else, you need make use of the correct details for easy claim of award.
Double Check your Application before Submission –
Review your Application before final submission to make sure you are not making some silly mistakes like spellings and disarrangement of words etc.
Capitalize your details if on the instructions –
Follow the instructions careful and do what ever that is needed of you.
Join the free email subscribers –
Every online sponsorship or registration or instruction portals do have free email subscribers and you should do well by joining them for notifications on latest updates.
Follow up the promo and notifications –
No Notification is useless you can in many ways make use of the notification for better Good. that’s why you have to read them carefully to understand what’s in for you as applicant.
Check out your email for more instructions –
Are you done with the submission? you should have an email in your inbox notifying that you have submitted your Application and its waiting for approval. Go read it and get more details on the next step(s).
Learn more about U.S. citizens abroad Visa Sponsorship.
Why the Electronic System for Travel Authorization is Important for U.S. Customs | Border Protection
The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) was created by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection to help reduce the travel time of frequent business. And leisure travelers while increasing security at the same time. It’s easy to apply online and only takes minutes to complete. Which means that you can get back to enjoying your trip or getting your work done faster than ever before! (more…)
So You Want to Travel the World? Here’s What You Need to Know in 2022
Student Visa to Study in Canada – How to Apply for a Student Visa in Canada 2022
If you’re looking to study in Canada, you might be wondering how the application process works or what the best visa options are. Here’s everything you need to know about applying for a student visa to study in Canada in 2022. With information on how to apply and what kinds of student visas are available to help you study there. (more…)
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏9 months ago
Official Sponsorship Approval – 100% Award Winning On Citizenship | Employment | Scholarship
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏9 months ago
American Visa Sponsorship Program – Where | When | How to Apply | Study, Work & Live in USA
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏8 months ago
USA Employment Visa Sponsorship Program To Work and Live Abroad
Accessibility4 months ago
QQ Mail | QQ Mail Sign up | QQ Mail App | QQ Mail Login | QQ Web
Accessibility11 months ago
Google Account | Gmail Login | Create New Account | Reset Account & Password
Study Abroad9 months ago
Canada Government scholarships for international and African students 2022/2023
Entrepreneur4 months ago
Hotel Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in Canada – Apply Now!
Abroad Visa 🇺🇸 🍁 🌏1 year ago
USA, Canada, Australia Student VISA Lottery Application